Marcs StreetView is a new way to navigate your city’s stylish hotspots; from cafes, museums, bookshops and boutiques, to restaurants, bars and clubs. It’s the place to find the best of your neighbourhood with a heavy dose of style inspiration. You can also use Marcs StreetView to discover where your favourite bloggers are hanging out, and navigate straight to the action from where you are standing.
While you are out and about, snap and share and you’ll get your local lifestyle on the map too.
The clean, modern, uncomplicated style that the Marcs business was founded on back in 1979 continues to be the essence of the brand. With a confident attitude of ‘grown-up cool’ Marcs is internationally inspired and Australian at heart offering both mens and womens fashion & lifestyle products. Its personality is intelligent and confident, humorous and witty; reflective of the way urban Australians approach fashion to create their own distinctive style.
What is Marcs StreetView?
A public collection of images inspired by life and fashion, Marcs StreetView is an exciting way to discover, explore and share your city's hotspots.
How do I upload a photo?
To be part of it, simply tag your Instagram image with #MarcsStreetView. Anyone from Sydney, Melbourne of Brisbane can take part in this collection of life - don't forget to geotag your location to appear on the map.
How do I become a featured blogger?
Participation is open to anyone in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. If you are a blogger and would like to be more involved with StreetView, we would love to chat. Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I use Marcs StreetView outside of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane?
Currently Marcs Streetview is only available in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, but we would love to bring it to all of Australia. If you have a particular city you would like to see, please let us know at email@example.com
How long does it take for an image to appear?
Each image is carefully moderated by the Marcs team to ensure that we are bringing you the most up to date & relevant content. This can mean a short time delay of approximately 10 minutes for your image to appear on the StreetView map.
How do I geotag my images?
It is possible to both geotag existing & new images to appear on the map. To geotag an existing instagram image, simply hit edit on your image & add the location at the top of the image under your profile name. To geotag a new image simply “add location” at the end caption screen.
Can I post from my account on a “private” setting?
No. In order for your images to appear on the map, your account needs to be set to “public” to access your information. To do this go to settings & push the slider under private account to public.
Why are my images not appearing?
Firstly, please ensure that your Instagram account is set to public – images posted from private accounts will not appear. Secondly please ensure that your image has the correct # applied, which is #MarcsStreetView, and that your image is geotagged (see instructions above on how to geotag an image). Finally only images within the Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane regions listed will display ... watch this space for more cities to come.
Marcs StreetView Terms and Conditions
By accessing of contributing to Marcs StreetView you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Marcs StreetView Competition Terms & Conditions
6th April 2016 By
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. If a prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian on their behalf.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
5. Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 05/04/16 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 03/05/16 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following entry method during the Promotional Period; take a photo, upload to a public Instagram account, geotag the image location, and include the hashtag #marcsstreetview during the promotional period. (“Eligible Entrant”)
7. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The choice made from all eligible entrants will take place at Marcs (M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd) 219-231 Botany Rd Waterloo NSW 2017 on 04/05/16 at 11.00am (AEST). The winner will be notified within two working days of the selection, via direct message on Instagram. The winner is chosen at the discreation of Marcs.
9. Two entries from each location (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) (total six winners) chosen from all eligible entries received will win a preloaded $500 Mastercard cash card and one pair of Marcs denim jeans valued at $149. Total prize pool valued at $3894.
10. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
11. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
12. In the event that the prize, or part of the prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
13. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
14. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 05/07/16 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any unclaimed prize. Any winner from this draw will be notified by Instagram direct message within two working days of the draw.
15. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
17. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter and Partners involved in this promotion. The Promoter and Partners may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via any contact details provided by the entrant without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from any Partner involved with this Promotion.
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice.
21. By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s, or its Partner’s, other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
22. The Promoter is Urban Walkabout Pty Limited (ACN 147351568 of 120a Devonshire Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, telephone (02) 9698 4115
23. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/15/00822.