• COMPETITIONS - GENERIC
These terms and conditions are the “General” terms and conditions that apply to all competitions and prize draws promoted by us. For details relating to a particular competition (such as prizes and start/end dates), please refer to the “Specific” terms and conditions as outlined by the competition.
Please read both the “General” and the “Specific” terms and conditions before entering one of our competitions.
We reserve the right to change these General Terms at any time.
- Instructions on how to enter a competition form part of the “Specific” Terms and Conditions.
- Participating in a promotion is deemed acceptance of both the “General” and Specific” Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian or New Zealand
residents aged 16 years or above only. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will not be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any loss incurred in the event that the prize is lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way, once delivered to the winner. If for any reason whatsoever the winner is unable to redeem the prize as stated then the winner will forfeit their prize and will not receive another prize or cash in lieu of this prize.
- The prize is valued in Australian dollars. Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Notice on the MARCS website: www.marcs.com.au/M-Privacy-Policy.html.
The Promoter is M WEBSTER HOLDINGS PTY LTD T/A MARCS. ABN. 52 003 766 925. Ph: (02) 8080 9000(02) 8080 9000.
Marcs StreetView Competition Terms & Conditions
6th April 2016
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. If a prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian on their behalf.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
5. Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 05/04/16 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 03/05/16 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following entry method during the Promotional Period; take a photo, upload to a public Instagram account, geotag the image location, and include the hashtag #marcsstreetview during the promotional period. (“Eligible Entrant”)
7. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The choice made from all eligible entrants will take place at Marcs (M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd) 219-231 Botany Rd Waterloo NSW 2017 on 04/05/16 at 11.00am (AEST). The winner will be notified within two working days of the selection via direct message on Instagram. The winner is chosen at the discreation of Marcs.
9. Two entries from each location (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) (total six winners) chosen from all eligible entries received will win a preloaded $500 Mastercard cash card and one pair of Marcs denim jeans valued at $149. Total prize pool valued at $3894.
10. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
11. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
12. In the event that the prize, or part of the prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
13. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
14. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 05/07/16 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any unclaimed prize. Any winner from this draw will be notified by Instagram direct message within two working days of the draw.
15. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
17. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter and Partners involved in this promotion. The Promoter and Partners may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via any contact details provided by the entrant without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from any Partner involved with this Promotion.
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice.
21. By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s, or its Partner’s, other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
22. The Promoter is Urban Walkabout Pty Limited (ACN 147351568 of 120a Devonshire Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, telephone (02) 9698 4115(02) 9698 4115
23. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/15/00822.
Marcs StreetView Terms and Conditions Genric
By accessing of contributing to Marcs StreetView you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You may not post inappropriate, offensive or illegal content. Marcs may remove any images it deems inappropriate. Any user repeatedly contributing inappropriate content to Marcs StreetView will be prevented from contributing.
- You must not post private or confidential information via Marcs StreetView. It is the contributor's responsibility to ensure they are careful regarding content of photos and geotagging private locations/addresses.
- When contributing to Marcs StreetView Instagram's terms of service apply.
Marcs Customer Survey Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participating in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 16 years or above only. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Promotion is not open to;
a. The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, or sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent) of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
b. any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any Promotion run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name;
2. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
3. Promotional period commences at 4:00pm AEDT on Wednesday 20/01/2016 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT on Monday 25/01/16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. To enter, entrants must complete the Marcs Customer Survey and then click through to enter their email address and describe MARCS in 3 words to be eligible to enter. One entry per person. This is a game of skill and the winner will be selected based on the creativity of their competition entry.
5. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The competition winners will be chosen from the pool of eligible entrants. The competition draw will take place at 219-231 Botany Road, Waterloo, 2017, on 27/01/2016 and will begin at 10am. The winner will be notified via email.
7. The total prize pool is valued at AUD$1750. The winning entries will be deemed the prize winners and will receive a $1,000 Styling Experience at MARCS and the 3 runners up will receive a $250 gift voucher each for MARCS. The $1,000 Styling Experience will include a personal styling session in store and full-priced clothing of up to $1000 from Marcs. The winner will be contacted to organise preferred time, date and location of styling session. No exchanges can be provided for change of mind. The major prize and runner-up prizes are not redeemable for cash.
8. The competition winner must respond to the Promoter within seven days of being notified of their prize to claim their prize and arrange delivery/collection. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. These are the responsibility of the winner.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any loss incurred in the event that the prize is lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way, once delivered to the winner. If for any reason whatsoever the winner is unable to redeem the prize as stated then the winner will forfeit their prize and will not receive another prize or cash in lieu of this prize.
10. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. Prize values are correct at time of printing.
11. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
12. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Notice on the MARCS website: http://www.marcs.com.au/Company-Information.html.
13. The Promoter is M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd.
ABN. 52 003 766 925
Ph: (02) 8080-9000(02) 8080-9000
Full terms & conditions for Afterpay can be found on the Afterpay Site here.
All returns are subject to our online returns policy.
The price you see on www.MARCS.com.au is the price you will pay at the checkout in AUD$. MARCS is not responsible for incorrect pricing on external websites.
GST and taxes
All international orders are exempt from Australian GST (10%), Any taxes and duties incurred in the country of destination will be paid for prior to the customer receiving the order. Please be aware that any additional fees that are incurred will be the responsibility of the customer: this includes storage of parcel or any administration fees incurred if you are unable to accept delivery.
To comply with Australia export regulations, we are required to declare the exact value of all items ordered and mark them as dutiable ‘merchandise.’ We are also prohibited by law from marking the items as a gift, even if the order is placed with the intention of sending to a gift recipient. If you require further information about your country’s taxes and duties you will need to contact your local customs office directly.
We will endeavour to have your items sent to you as per our delivery time frame. If there are any problems with your order, we will contact you with regards to the issue as soon as possible.
If, for any reason, there is a problem with collecting payment from your credit / debit card or other chosen payment method after we have confirmed receipt of your order, we will not be obliged to despatch your order. Additionally, on some occasions, we may be unable to process an order. This may be due to: the item being out of stock or no longer available, your payment being declined, our identification of a pricing error or product description error or an unspecified technical error. If you are sure you are using a valid form of payment, please try again or use a different payment method.
Please note: Gift vouchers purchased from the Marcs website will be in AUD$ and can only be used within a Marcs standalone store in Australia (a Gift Voucher bought online cannot be redeemed in a New Zealand store or concession within Myer or David Jones). Gift vouchers are available in $50 and $100 denominations and can be redeemed in any of our standalone stores & online . Vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Vouchers are valid for a twelve month period. After this period they will expire and no longer be redeemable. Vouchers should be treated like cash. Lost or stolen vouchers are not replaceable.
Marcs Insight Rewards
Rewards can be redeemed in all Marcs stores (inc online) or at Marcs in Myer and David Jones stores. Rewards are only available for use in the country where the membership was originated ie. Rewards related to Australian and Online memberships can only be redeemed in Australian stores. Rewards related to New Zealand store memberships can only be redeemed in New Zealand stores.
Please read the terms and conditions of the Marcs Insight rewards program
for more information..
Delivery times should be used as a guide only as they are based on estimates provided by Australia Post and generic delivery times we experience at Webster Holdings. Due to circumstances beyond our control, it may take longer for your parcel to reach you during busy periods (such as sale and Christmas time).
If there are any problems with your order, we will contact you with regards to the issue as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you fill out your postal address correctly when making a purchase ( including floor level numbers where appropriate). We cannot accept responsibility for a missing parcel if the address provided was incorrect and parcels go missing in the post. If the fault is with the postal/ courier service then there will be an investigation but this may take several weeks to complete.
We will gladly accept returns within 30 days of receipt, any item purchased from the MARCS online store that meets the criteria of our online returns policy. Full details can be found on our Returns page.
Returning sale Item(s)
All sale items purchased online can be returned either online or to a Marcs standalone store for a full refund, provided the item meets all the conditions of our returns policy found on our Returns page
. This differs from our in-store policy where we will offer a credit voucher or exchange for the value of sale items bought in-store which are returned for ‘change of mind’ reasons; stores will provide a refund on any item that is faulty.
Items which cannot be returned
Due to hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returns for swimwear, earrings and hosiery.
This does not however affect your statutory rights in relation to such items if they are faulty or damaged when you receive them.
We will use our best endeavours to ensure the information provided on our website is recent and accurate. Any errors are wholly unintentional and we apologise if erroneous information is reflected in merchandise price or item availability. We try to ensure that all pricing on the website is accurate, but occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced. If we discover that a pricing error has been made, we reserve the right to suspend your order and contact you to ask whether you wish continue with the order at the correct price. We reserve the right to amend errors or to update product information at any time without prior notice.
We have made every effort to display the products featured on our site as accurately as possible. However, the colours we use, as well as the display and colour capabilities of the equipment you use to view our site, may greatly affect the colours you actually see on the screen. We cannot be held responsible for any limitations of the equipment you use to view our site and cannot guarantee that your equipment’s display of any colour or texture will be the same as the actual product.
We will make every attempt to ensure our website is free from viruses (or other conditions) which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this website and you release MARCS entirely of all responsibilities for any consequences of its use.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material, or any virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, automated device, spider, crawler, bot or routine that can collect unauthorized information or interfere with or disrupt the operations of this website, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
You are also not permitted to send us unsolicited emails or spam through, from, or via our website.
Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on this website, and the website itself, are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights. These materials are owned by Jigsaw. Except for the purpose of a bona fide use of this site or as otherwise permitted by the Copyright Act of 1968, this site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, re-sold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by www.MARCS.com.au.
Any use of materials (e.g. images and videos) on this website, including reproduction for purpose other than your personal non-commercial use, modification, distribution or republication, without the prior express written permission of MARCS is strictly prohibited.
You are welcome to link to our website, however this can create maintenance overheads for you as the page to which you link may become unavailable or move.
If you use our website, it is your responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your account and password and that no unauthorised persons have access to them. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should contact us immediately if you believe that your password has been known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in any unauthorised manner. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of your failure to keep your password and account protected.
Please ensure that your personal details are kept up-to-date and inform us immediately of any changed to the information you provided when registering.
We reserve the right to refuse access to our website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, you will not be charged.